The lady is looking good. After checking the measurements of the light areas and the shadow edges, I was able to begin darkening the darkest shapes with 2H and lifting off the light areas with a kneaded eraser. I concentrated on the mouth area and moved into the eye area before class ended. The light areas are of different values, so I will have to pay close attention to the subtle value changes.
This afternoon we watched a video of the artist, Daniel Greene, painting a portrait of a young lady. His method is based on the academic painting approach. It provided a good overview for all of us.
I have been asked if there are things I miss from home. Aside from family, friends, and Jinx here are some things that I thought of right away: peanut butter, the clothes dryer and soft toilet paper!
Buonanotte!

nice work on the lady. will there be a time when you won't have to measure so much?
ReplyDeletevid