Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Todays' blog covers two days - no internet yesterday! And I have great news, at the end of Monday's class another student and myself were asked to stay after. Our Bargue drawings passed and we were given a drawing from the Level 2 Bargue references. Yeah! So, here is the finished foot. The subtle changes between the dark and lights were achieved with a synthetic brush (#4 bristle).



The new drawing is a 3/4 profile of a woman's head. I have mounted the papers, drawn the construct, found the midline and started the measuring-plotting process. Back to the tedious work of copying. Now the process is meditative. I am not worried about doing it right or am I fast enough, those thoughts are not in the way with this drawing. At this level, the drawings will have more subtle areas and more shapes within the larger areas. Below is the reference and the construct. The plotted points will not show up in the photo, so I will post the contour drawing of the head once the points are completed.




For the next two weeks, the afternoon class will be a live model and drawing constructs. We will have two poses per class ( about 1 hour per pose). The constructs captures the gesture, mood, and stance of the model. Features are not put in at this point. I can finish the thumbnail and construct within the time frame now. It feels good to have the speed down, the accuracy will come with more practice. As I walk around the room, some students will only have a thumbnail completed. The group represents a broad range of ability and experience. Some are overwhelmed, but the group is very supportive of each other.
Here are the constructs from today.





Dinner tonight is penne pasta and meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment