Still raining here and the Arno River has risen higher. There is no sign of the stranded cat or the basket sent down to save it. If that cat is still around, he is several kilometers down stream by now. The photos show how high the water is: there is no sign of the grassy banks along the river! The stairs to the banks are covered by the raging waves too. The water has churned into a chocolate brown color and it is flowing fast and furious!
There was time to work on the Bargue drawing, so I continued the big form modeling. I shaded in the "egg" form of the head from dark to light. It still needs some refinement to eliminate the "choppy" areas. But, I think it is a good start.
I was very productive today working on several projects. It is Wednesday and we are still perfecting the figure copy. I spent a great deal of the time remeasuring everything and making corrections. I really don't know what the next stage will be because it is a simple line drawing. To me, it looks like I have everything drawn!
Then, we had our long pose in the afternoon. This standing pose looked very simple to hold, but the model had a rough afternoon. His leg muscles were quivering so much as he held the pose, that he had to take extra breaks. The exercise was about drawing the light areas and surrounding these areas with a dark. Again, there is enough information for our brains to recognize a human figure.



Has your instructor ever used Carbon Pencils to do this kind of drawing? The Hawaiian shirt guy.
ReplyDelete