Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Catching Up

It has been a very busy weekend - we went to Rome to meet Lynn and Dan. Then my sister, Chris, came to Florence on Monday. So we have been sight-seeing, eating, shopping, eating and sleeping. This pattern will continue all week!

Here is the Bargue drawing from Friday. I had a dead battery in the camera on Monday and Tuesday, so I will catch up the photos tomorrow. As you can see, I had to make some changes - lots of erasing! I moved the hair on the left side, developed the halftone areas and added some darks into the halftone areas.


The afternoon drawing is almost completed. These photos are from Friday and Tuesday. You can see the subtle changes. The transitions from dark to light were further developed. The reflected lights lifted out and the light areas are almost finished.



Finally, here is the still life painting of the mortar and pestle. The background was completely changed. I repainted the bowl - it had to be warmer. I still have a few details to take care of and it will be finished. I may get another painting started before we leave for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment